10.9.12

Pointless post

I am having one of those mornings where I over think everything. (I do quite often have these to be fair.)

So today I am having the whole work Vs. more children debate with myself. Not for now, i'm talking in 5 years time which OBVIOUSLY does not matter at all right now because who knows what will happen. But i need to have this debate or i will lay awake at night pondering on it and it will spin around in my head for ever more.

I'm going for bullet point reasons.
Reasons why we might have another baby -
  • I never wanted 3 children. Always 2 or 4. I hate odd numbers
  • I think siblings pair up. 3 children = odd one out all the time = sad me
  • I think i need one more go at breastfeeding (This is more of a selfish reason though)
  • I would love to not find out what we were having and have that oh so special moment of "It's a..."!
  • I'm getting my head around the idea of E having a sister and i quite like that thought...
  • I love babies.
So basically none of those reasons are valid reasons and you should not have a baby based on those.

Reasons to not have another baby -
  •  My body does NOT like pregnancy
  • We would have to move
  • We would need a new car (unless we have a 3y+ age gap and then we wouldn't need the bootspace for a double pram)
  • We may have another boy in which case the pairing up may not work as E would still be the only girl
  • I like the thought of in 3 years time not having to push a pram, go on holidays with not much luggage and no bottles etc and not have to worry as much about what they can get up to as they just entertain themselves! (most of the time)
  • I could go back to college/work once they are all in school and then not solely rely on Joe's income
So on the basis of that, clearly the latter stands for much more than the pro's.

Why do i STILL question myself??!!

My friend is sure that once you know you don't want anymore, you know! And i don't know. So maybe we need another.

To be totally honest with you, the thought of my last bullet point scares the hell out of me. I haven't been working for 5 years and i won't be for AT LEAST another 3, so 8 years of no proper adult conversation - the interview may not go well. I like the idea of being a teaching assistant, the holidays i can still spend with my own children and work hours are good. I LOVE children (can you tell?) and i think i would do quite well. But i would need to go back to college as i have no A levels etc. But i could do a course from home whilst E is at pre school. (This is the point where i ramble and think of every possibility and end up never making a decision.)

I always find myself justifying everything I do and say, i guess you can do things just because. There doesn't need to be an explaination behind everything you do.

Thought of the day - Over thinking is not the way forward.

4 comments:

  1. I have this debate, but not with myself, with Stacy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, maybe we are both just mad?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, and I totally get it! I'm a bullet point person and this is a topic that DEFINITELY needs bullet points! I do agree with your friend... if you don't feel totally done then I think you're probably not. I'm a new follower of your blog, and I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get the chance! :) I would also LOVE for you to come link up to the Mommy-Brain Mixer on Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah fab, thank you for stopping by!! Will come and take a look at yours, nothing more exciting than a new follower (especially when i only have 19...!!!) and will have a look at your mummy-brain mixer x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, i read every comment and try and reply to them al! Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...