One of the most exciting things for me is breastfeeding. And after chatting to two of my lovely pregnant friends this evening I thought i'd write WHY.
I have just copied this little list off of the NHS website...
Health Benefits for your baby.
- less chance of diarrhoea and vomiting and having to go to hospital as a result
- fewer chest and ear infections and having to go to hospital as a result
- less chance of being constipated
- less likelihood of becoming obese and therefore developing type 2 diabetes and other illnesses later in life
- less chance of developing eczema
- lowers your risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer
- naturally uses up to 500 calories a day
- saves money – infant formula, the sterilising equipment and feeding equipment can be costly
- can help to build a strong bond between you and your baby
Really, whats not to love? Not only are you saving money, you are also GROWING your baby. The feeling that you are the one making your baby grow, and thrive, and LIVE. That in itself is enough to convince me its only the most natural thing a woman can do. We wouldn't produce milk if it didn't have a purpose.
I cannot WAIT to feed her and make this tiny little baby form into a wonderful little child.