24.2.12

Breastfeeding, what mothers do best?

So seeing as the birth is fast approaching of this little bundle cooking inside me I begin to think about what ACTUALLY happens after I give birth. At the beginning of my pregnancy I focused on what gender the baby is... then how to do the nursery... then oh my goodness what pram do I need... and the closer it gets the more I actually think about what life will be like with a newborn again.

One of the most exciting things for me is breastfeeding. And after chatting to two of my lovely pregnant friends this evening I thought i'd write WHY.

I have just copied this little list off of the NHS website...

Health Benefits for your baby.
  • less chance of diarrhoea and vomiting and having to go to hospital as a result 
  •  fewer chest and ear infections and having to go to hospital as a result 
  • less chance of being constipated  
  • less likelihood of becoming obese and therefore developing type 2 diabetes and other illnesses later in life 
  • less chance of developing eczema
Health benefits for you.
  • lowers your risk of getting breast and ovarian cancer
  • naturally uses up to 500 calories a day
  • saves money – infant formula, the sterilising equipment and feeding equipment can be costly
  • can help to build a strong bond between you and your baby 
Now if that isn't enough to make you breastfeed i don't know what is.

Really, whats not to love? Not only are you saving money, you are also GROWING your baby. The feeling that you are the one making your baby grow, and thrive, and LIVE. That in itself is enough to convince me its only the most natural thing a woman can do. We wouldn't produce milk if it didn't have a purpose. 

I cannot WAIT to feed her and make this tiny little baby form into a wonderful little child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, i read every comment and try and reply to them al! Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...