29.4.12

Big boy school

What seems like a life time ago I found myself refreshing the page of East Sussex County Council website on a daily basis to see when the application forms came up to apply for school.

School. Big boy school.

Fast forward to now, and we finally get the letter through the door. My stomach turned as i ripped open the hand delivered letter to see we got our first choice of school! Wooopeee!!

I cannot believe my little baby boy is going to start school in September. And its now actually REAL. He is DEFINITELY starting SCHOOL in 5 months. In 5 very precious months my baby boy will turn into a big boy, going to big boy school wearing a big boy uniform with very cute big boy shoes carrying his lunchbox in one hand and a book bag in the other.

Oh. My. Goodness.

I literally well up every time i think about it. When they start school its like they are suddenly taken away from us. As a mother, i want to do everything in my power to protect my babies, then suddenly they are open to this whole new world that I have no control over. They start to learn new words and phrases that you never dreamed you would hear your children saying. They learn to how to make friendships, and they learn that some friends can be hurtful, but others can be lifetime rocks. This scares me so so much i can't begin to tell you. I know he will thrive in our chosen school. Its a very small school and the teachers are truly wonderful! He is going up with all of his friends from playschool so he will feel a lot more confident and at ease surrounded by children he already knows.

So my aim for the next 5 months is to really really enjoy the time we have left. When he starts in September we wont have any time at all with him, get up, go to school, come home, dinner time, bed time. On repeat for 5 days. Weekend comes and goes and we're back to square one again.

So this is my plan -

Picnics
Farm trips
Swimming
Dog walks
FUN.

Thought of the day - treasure every single moment! They grow up too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, i read every comment and try and reply to them al! Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...