16.9.12

6 months on...

Oh my... 6 months. Thats like, half of a whole year. Another one of those 6 months and we will be celebrating her 1st birthday where she will be crawling and maybe even walking (although i hope not... don't grow up too fast okay?!)


Her whole half birthday was actually yesterday but as we were pre-occupied with Miss A's blessing I decided to wait to write this post until when i was home and i could think straight.

So this time 6 months ago... What were we doing? Who were we with?

Elsie was a day old and the house was full of joy, full of love and so so full of happiness. Joe was re heating bolognaise i had made a few weeks ago and frozen, getting slightly panicked at the thought of 2 saucepans on the go.

I had begun writing my birth story and couldn't get enough of her. I still can't. We still can't.

I know I have said it before but oh my gaaaad she is ACTUALLY a girl. Like GENUINELY a girl. 

I will never ever get bored of saying that. (Don't get me wrong... I adore my boys to the moon and back, but after 2 of them it's nice to have a change and no willy to wipe ;) )


6 months of pure and simple love. 6 months of excitement, squeals, tears and laughter. 6 months of watching my boys become amazing older brothers to their baby sister. 6 months of our lives i would re live over and over again.

When i was pregnant i kept asking myself if i really had enough love for a third baby. With the amount of love i have for the two boys i thought this was just insane. How could i possibley love another baby when i love my boys to death? I never knew my heart could hold this much. I never knew that that moment when you give birth and your whole world is turned upside down and you feel nothing but love, like you have been on ecstasy your entire pregnancy.. That THAT moment, could happen for a 3rd time running.

Well it did, it really bloody did.
That feeling will never ever leave my body.



There is no way on this planet i would be in this state of mind right now if it wasn't for Joe. He truly is a-may-zing. And i mean that. I really do. You have no idea how much i appreciate everything you do for us, you really are the most fantastic Father. If they were all half the man you are then the world would be a much happier place. 

Thoughts of the day -
  1. 6 months goes too fast. Thank god for the 9273965 photos...
  2. Love really does spread and double, and treble. Your heart is exploding.
  3. Joe is incredible. I am the luckiest wife in the whole wide world. Period.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Yes it does.
    2. Oh I hope so! I am so looking forward to finding out how that feels.
    3. Agreed. Super Joe.

    Happy half birthday Elsie! You little beauty! :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, i read every comment and try and reply to them al! Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...